Behold the following pics from my trip to Ottawa:



I know! They *are* dead boring, if strangely charming in their eclecticism. Pics were taken at 6am from my hotel room as I was waiting to start what would become a marathon day of interviewing, teaching-demo-ing and job talking. It didn't end until 11pm that night. So, really, that was all I got to see of Ottawa.
It was a good on-campus, I think, and I did my best so that's all I can do. More waiting ensues but I feel good about the place. And I feel good about Rochester too.
The four story limestone building on the right hand side of the first pic (with the faux gothic architecture behind the red brick building) is my high school. Seriously. Oh and I hate Ryan Reynolds too ... how many takes do you think it took him to say "Laid back?" KE
ReplyDeleteIs it really!?! That's hilarious. I resisted the urge to run up to random people and tell them that I know you in the hopes that they would also know you. But if I get the job then, yeah, I'm gonna do that.
ReplyDeleteIt's the way RR delivers the line "home" like it's some sort of big didactic reveal that really drives me nuts.