I fire it up, stand on the board, and what does it say to me? "Welcome, D! Does your stomach feel firm and toned?" It pauses for me to hit "A", then says, "If your answer is yes, then that's great! If it's no, that might be because I haven't seen you for 58 days."
Passive-aggressive little fucker.
Then Wii Fit made it even more awkward by saying, "Have you seen Brisket, lately? I haven't seen Brisket in 78 days."
Here's what happened: when my parents were here I bought a beef brisket to cook for New Year's at Lexington Market. Lovely meat, I'd recommend it to anyone. Trouble was, I didn't know exactly how much I'd bought so I needed to weigh it to figure out cooking times etc. But we don't have a scale. So I had a brainwave! Wii Fit Plus has this fun thing where you can weigh your pets so I made up a Mii for the new pet Brisket (brown cat) and weighed it (8 lbs). And then we ate our new pet and forgot to tell Wii Fit. Whoops.
I can't figure out how to delete it from the Mii-roll and Wii Fit will not let up with the rhetorical questions. It might have figured out something if I was 8 lbs heavier than I was at last weigh-in but happily that isn't the case. And while it's just awkward for me, I can't imagine the trauma shit like this would cause families who had sustained the lost of an actual beloved pet and/or loved one for that matter. That's my criticism about Wii Fit right now - I'll let the toned stomach thing go.
Also, I thought I'd post some photos of one of the buildings in the neighborhood that I think is awesome: the Belvedere Hotel!
Built in 1903, it is a prime example of Des Beaux Arts architecture and its guests have included Woodrow Wilson, JFK, and Clark Gable.



The interior was featured in an episode of Mad Men this season, in all it's 1960s glory:

In 1991 the building was turned into condos which is kind of sad, otherwise I would have gone inside, but it's still a cool building and a wonderfully useful landmark when Monty and I get lost.
The buildings beside and across from it are awesome too:




In other news, I think by the end of this week (if not sooner) I'll be able to say something definitive about my employment prospects for next year! There are some!
Also: I know three (3) Ninjas!! Who knew?! I guess that's the mark of a true ninja.
No comments:
Post a Comment