Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The local

Local signage I do not understand:



It's pretty though, so I admire it every time I go by. But I don't know exactly what the tattooed strong man is telling me. Any and all interpretations most appreciated!!

Now that it's spring, the railroad company is using the old B&O lines to transport stuff between Philly and Washington as well as stuff from the Balto docks (hello The Wire season 2!!). What is cool is that it's actually an underground railroad from Penn Station-territory to the Bay, which means that supply trains run underneath downtown Baltimore in tunnels dating back to the 19c. The defunct train station by the park where Monty and I go walking is a place where the underground system peeks out. I think it's cool, anyway.


I offer the video below as proof that all things awesome are wasted on children. For Christmas my sister gave me a "behind the scenes" pass to see the sharks at the Baltimore Aquarium! Ages 8 and up.

2 comments:

  1. now I want to smoke a doobie and go to an aquarium. Great footage, although I was hoping to see you walk *over* the tank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally did that! But they wouldn't let people take cameras in - in case they dropped them in the water. But it was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete