
No! Not the blue box. The awesome thing beside it! Isn't it awesome??? Is it WALL•E? Though WALL•E was not the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I thought of the contraption in that non-Back-to-the-Future cinematic touchstone of 1985, you know the one featuring a young Ethan Hawke and an alive River Phoenix and some other guy:

View trailer here - I know you wanna.
Remember it? I mean, it was no Goonies (also of 1985 fame). In the movie, three friends use computers to - get this - explore the world beyond their parents' basements, meet new people face-to-face, and summon the courage to talk to that girl they really like! Man, computers were really useful back in the day.
I'm waiting for the grading fairy to arrive and grade my midterms - and taking pictures of the dog and stuff until she gets here.
No comments:
Post a Comment