Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Disturbed

UPDATE: deer foot is gone! ??? Do I smell a cover-up? Also, two of my students were taken to hospital for alcohol poisoning a couple of days ago. I was instructed to give them a little leeway on missed assignments, etc. Does this make sense?

Was out walking Mister on the cold, rainy grounds of the Gooch yesterday when we came across something weird:



Was totally like the beginning of every single crime procedural on network television. WTF!!!!




This is where I use the word "grisly." Sorry for the crap photography but it was really windy and I was using the camera on my cell. IMHO, it appears to be a deer's foot that was broken off a deer (wtfwtfwtf) and left on the grounds behind the old library. I immediately went and got E to show her Mister's find.

D: What could do something like that to a deer?
E: OTHER DEER?

I'm no expert, but this seems unlikely, Mulder.

Still - wtf lives on G's campus that could do this? Some escapee from the Care of Magical Creatures class? A satanic student organization? A disgruntled prof who was just denied tenure? An alienated contingency faculty member (alienated + contingency = redundant)? A giant bird that can pick up deer and chew off their feet? Or is it like Scream and -- spoiler alert! -- there are two killers?

This is wayyyyy better than the Mystery of the New Library's Broken Window. I couldn't think of what authority to email about the find (except the college's president) so I decided to blog about it instead.

In other news, I have my defense date set in the five kinds of shit they use to fertilize the cornfields stone: June 29, 3pm. Now if I can just survive the panic-diarrhea that strikes every time I think about how I'm going to finish my diss in time [runs to bathroom]

2 comments:

  1. That is riveting. -debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What hath God wrought?!?!

    (This better become a mystery novel).

    ReplyDelete