Saturday, March 13, 2010

Annoying Canadians...

There are so many! Lots are involved in politics but here are some who annoy me for no terribly good reason:





Okay, those are the ones on the "go to BC" commercial. But there are others!








Are there "famous" Canadians out there who annoy you?

11 comments:

  1. As the person who has to calm your rage every time Ryan Reynolds winks at you from the TV and calls B.C. "home," I am glad to see this post, working through the issues.

    Although, I am perplexed as to the absence of Celine Dion? Pamela Anderson? Brandon on 90210? Terry Fox? Or that real asshole, Anne Murray.

    ef

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe - Jamie Warren. hehehehehehe! Jamie Warren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should I feel bad I don't know who Lloyd Robertson is?
    Although I don't hail from your fair country, I too grew weary of that BC tourism ad during the Olympics. I CANNOT stand Kim Cattrall--bleh. I recently saw her on a rerun of a British late-night talk show. She was sprinkling her comments with Brittish--isms... She's a right tosser, that one. (DOes saying that make me as bad as she is? I guess so. Drat.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. RUSH.

    Also, E = brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie Warren is hardly famous, though he is annoying.

    And, could you be more stereotypically Canadian, D? International ... recognition ... must ... knock ... off ... pedestal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. I cannot dispute Jamie Warren's lack of fame or his annoyingness.

    Wouldn't it be more stereotypically Canadian to fawn over absolutely mediocre talent because it's managed a modicum of international fame? ie/ everyone on the list except for Lloyd and Jim Carrey? I'll defend Carrey's talent because I liked Eternal Sunshine (though Kate Winslet's performance really anchored the movie) and the Truman Show - but he's still annoying; Lloyd Robertson is hardly internationally famous.

    There are plenty of internationally famous Canadians who I don't find annoying and have not listed above: but I think that's because, Carrey aside, I appreciate their work. Hmmmm.

    Though, having said all that, my mother hated the Olympic opening and closing ceremonies (said she couldn't follow them - wtf) and all CBC coverage of the events, preferring instead to watch Bob Costas. ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope. Have to disagree. It's the Canadian way to disown fame. It's the Indian way to celebrate mediocre celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know that the dude from those Free Credit Report.com commercials is French Canadian?! He doesn't even sing the songs! He's an ugly man lipsynching to stupid songs. WTF? (Okay, I understand that my rage might seem ridiculous to some, and I don't despise him b/c he's Canadian. I just f**king hate those commercials!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know this, Lisa! Also - how the fuck does anyone find out such a thing? Once again, am awed by you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid it wasn't that difficult, D. Entertainment Weekly had a section in a recent issue with interviews of well-known commercial actors (Flo from Progressive, that Fiber One dude, fucker from Free Credit Report, etc.). But I actually knew that he lipsynched the songs from some article I read online. Apparently, there are a few wackos out there who actually think the guy is cute. Vomit! Anyway, I can already tell that you're not in awe of me anymore. The internets don't lie. :(

    ReplyDelete