My mother is coming today! I haven't started cleaning yet and I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me that I'm updating my blog instead of cleaning my room and planning all our meals and excursions because she's seriously going to be here soon and a containment plan must be in place or else.
I've had a bit of coffee.
The shizz at the job is comme ci, comme ca. In the awesome column, it appears we're not going to go on strike! Yes! I can pay my rent and credit card bills for winter tires! In the meh column this week are a couple things. 1) I've picked up another Melboy-ish stalker-ish fan (grad student in econ or something, mega nerd, wants to convince me of the moral superiority of British imperialism [a la Ferguson], might think that endless "debates" about this is flirting, won't leave my office, has asked me to ask TPTB to make him my TA for next semester, I've somehow lost the number for TPTB, is formally Russian). What am I going to do about him? But also, the creepy vibe he gives off might just be Russianness and he might just be really interested in 19c Europe. 2) Rumours are flying that everyone will be on sabbatical next year leaving only me and, um, someone else, right?, to you know, teach and stuff. Emergency meetings have been scheduled. Again, this would be an excellent moment to Work Up a Plan so that when the eyeballs zing in my direction, I'm not just brushing the Cheezie crumbs off my shirt.
It's so hard to come up with a Plan!
Luckily, Shirley is enroute and whether I want her to or not, she will generate all kinds of plans.
For now: Step 1. Stop slouching (yoga could improve your posture, you know). Step 2. Vacuum dog hair out of car for airport pickup. Step 3. Find slippers. . .
One of my nagging regrets is that I've never met the force that is "The Shirley"....hope you guys have fun!
ReplyDelete