Shmegegge is not a disaster, I know that. But it caused a few meltdowns (did I mention my Gollum status?) First, poor Monty got sick. Why? To what end? Don't know. We did two horrible things: changed his food and gave him a bone that looked sketchy but was an offering from mfree, Dog Woman. Result: brech alongside more than one fortzn zoffer. Sad goat was sick for at least a day and a half and threw up a number of times. The most amazing time was when he was sleeping in the window and threw up so that all the vomit soaked underneath the frame of a window that was nailed shut. So I got out my overalls and toolbox, removed window, ventilated apartment, cleaned up mess, reattached window, laundered windowsill-dogbed, lit some incense because livingroom required new odor, made poor sick dog some settling white rice lunch, pet dog who was feeling bad, rice+petting resulted in a fortzn zoffer, took dog out to do some business, helped dog into his dogbed in windowsill, and awarded self 1 penny. Then deducted 1 penny for not being done reading Book A by 2pm. I know, I know, the real sufferer is poor, sweet dog. The next day I made a trip to Petsmart to get "sensitive stomach" dog food and you'll be happy to know that all is back to normal. ex/ yesterday he stole a box of crackers, ate half of them, and crapped like a champion.
Another bizarre but minor time-suck this week was when the alarm in our apartment building went off around 6pm and everyone had to evacuate the building. Firstly, it scared the shit out of me because I had just been looking at newsreels about the blitz and the alarm sounds like a defcon 1 siren (poor Monty just screeched when he heard it). Then we had to wait outside for about an hour while firetrucks arrived and presumably did an apt to apt search. All apartment dwellers stood outside trying to calm their antisocial and crazed selves/dogs/cats/ferrets/children/etc. Monty went completely nuts. It's been several days and still no word on why the alarm occurred. I vote clandestine drug bust but I'm just thinking about the Wire.
One morning this week, traffic was back up for miles due to dense fog.
So I was nearly late for class and then it took forever to get home again after.Just weird shit has been happening! Okay, that's my story, I give it a 3, it's boring but it's a part of my life.
Guthrie and Dolly are having weird stomach weeks also. Is there such a thing as puppy flu?
ReplyDeleteAlso, I googled sensitive stomach dog food on Saturday before I read this. I'm pretty sure the dog on the food looked like Guthrie. I took it as a sign of his high-maintenance nature.
By the way, I'm always impressed at the power of the overalls. Removing the window. Seriously?
The overalls are very powerful! But also, it was just a matter of removing a bunch of screws because, of course, the window isn't attached to the frame properly and has basically been screwed in place. Thanks apartment building.
ReplyDelete