In the "ubiquitous but never eaten" category are yesterday's and today's selections:
1) The 5th Avenue:

From the "peanut brittle primary" category of chocolate bar, I was surprised to learn (from the Website) that this particular bar was the only one Hershey's produced during WWII. Maybe I'll try to go to Hersheypark en route to Ottawa. The bar was okay but I might be prejudiced against the "peanut brittle primary" category because I can't really detect any difference between the members of that category. Perhaps my palate will become more refined but yo, man, listen up, it was a good performance, a little sleepy for me, but solid. 7/10
2) The Milky Way Caramel Bar

From the caramel-nougat category. Milky Way and 3 Musketeers and Mars bars are all made by the same company - isn't that weird? They seem like kind of the same product. But anyway, two thumbs way up for the MW Caramel Bar because of the awesomeness of its caramel! Like a CurlyWurly squished down into a manageable, adultish sugar-delivery system. 9/10 (I reserve the 10 for a life-altering experience.)
It's occurred to me that this all might be the stupidest mission I've ever come up with because I have a bridesmaid's dress I have to fit into by the end of July. But it seems important.
I saw a commercial for the MW caramel back when watching the Olympics and have been searching for one ever since. Have even got S in on the project but for naught. I'm glad to hear it is as delicious as it was in my mind.
ReplyDeleteThey're at the 7-11 on Calvert St! Should I get a few and send them to you?
ReplyDeleteThe near-American in me wants to yell, "what the hell is a chocolate bar?! You mean a candy bar?!"
ReplyDelete