UPDATE: Karma totally got me back for being so amused by this: Montoya came down with a case of the 'rhea this morning while I was teaching my very under-attended class. I came home to find that our apartment's entryway had been turned into a porta-potty. The little guy looks exhausted now - as well he should be. Bah and WTF! Is he a dog or a ferret?! Or a parrot?
For some reason, this email I just received from TPTB is making me giggle every time I read it. I think it's the thought of all my little snowflakes having to use the porta-potties (85% of the students live in dorms) with TP in tote that really tickles my funnybone. Of course, when class meets tomorrow and only 15% of them have had a shower amidst this 90 degree weather, I will not be laughing as much. But let's face it: only half of them shower before class anyway.
College Experiencing Water Outage
Dear students, faculty, and staff,
Due to today’s massive water main break in Towson, the College now has no water service.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL GRADUATE CLASSES SCHEDULED FOR TONIGHT ARE CANCELLED.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT FLUSH ANY TOILETS ON CAMPUS.
About a dozen porta-potties have been placed near the residential area. It’s probably a good idea to take toilet paper with you…
Early estimates from Baltimore County say the outage could last until around 8:00 p.m. tomorrow.
If any staff or faculty member is experiencing discomfort because of this situation, they have permission to leave.
The college will continue to communicate updates about this situation.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.
How could they not anticipate that "Please, please, please do not flush toilets" will be read as "Go ahead and see what happens when you flush the toilet"? --debbie
ReplyDeleteEvery time I have felt stress today, I have looked back at this email. It is maybe the best thing ever, but only because, um, we are not currently stuck on campus. :/
ReplyDeleteef