Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nothing lost in translation

Oh, Agrestic, is it that time again?



Is it wrong to hope that an opportunistic criminal (is there another kind?) will see this and plan their breaking-and-entering/theft spree accordingly? Probably.

Because passiveaggressivenotes.com and my mother have trained me to spot this bullshit a mile away, I can translate this all for you, babblefish style. Translation: "I don't know if you know this but we're kind of a big deal. I guess you can hang with us but fucking pay for it, alright? We love everyone and alls but we're tired of freeloaders. Also, clean up your shit. Prepare for the shakedown; don't make us hurt you. Be there or be the transient stranger we know you are, Management."

Maybe it's just being back in CanEHda, maybe it's just the start of the semester, but I'm beginning to really appreciate the people out there who will just stab you in the face. I respect them.

Example: When my sister was at the ashram in India, they had a party one day and a co-worker's wife approached her and said, "What happened to you that your breasts are so small and sickly?" That's what I'm talking about. Nothing but respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment