Wednesday, October 13, 2010

mfree weekend!



About six seconds after the mfreemobile pulled into the driveway Friday night, Monty was plastered to her side and didn't leave it until she blew out of town Tuesday morning. In other words, he dropped me faster than third period French class.



Who could compete with Auntie Mame? All these photos exist because mfree told me to "take a picture of how much Monty loves me" so I post them without reservation.

Convo we had at breakfast on Saturday:

mf: Open your computer and Google 'famous people from Ottawa.'
D: Let's see... Margaret Atwood, Dan Aykroyd, a bunch of hockey players, Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, Alanis Morissette-
mf: I think she taught me third grade science.
D: Alanis Morissette taught you third grade science.
mf: No, Princess Margriet of the Netherlands.
D: ...
mf: She did! She was crossed-eyed and we made her cry.
D: That's ridiculous.
mf: Give me the computer!

Several Googles later she came up with this:

D: I am impressed that you found an image of Dutch royalty with esotropia but this does not prove your story in any way.
mf: It's real!! Give me back the computer!!

Several Googles later she started jumping up and down in a victory dance like a woo-girl:
Princess Christina of the Netherlands
According to wikipedia, "Her mother had contracted German measles during her pregnancy and as a result, the Princess was born nearly blind. Over time, advances in medicine allowed for treatments that, with the aid of special glasses, brought about an improvement in her vision so that she could attend school and live a relatively normal life...............In 1963, Princess Marijke changed to using her second name, Christina. Pursuing her gift for music, at age 21 she moved to Canada to study classical music in Montreal. After a few years, she accepted a teaching position at a Montessori school in New York City. There, living an ordinary life under the name Christina van Oranje, the Dutch Princess met and fell in love with a Havana-born Cuban exile named Jorge Pérez y Guillermo, born in Havana on 1 August 1946, himself a teacher for the Addie May Collins Shelter of Harlem."

What.the.Fuck. I don't know what's real anymore. But mfree was taught third grade science by Princess Christina of the Netherlands. And, no, esotropia does not run in the Dutch royal family.

The weekend was pretty fun! Among other things, we invaded Parliament Hill:

Post-mfree, Monty has now slept for about 22 hours straight. He just had Best. Thanksgiving. Weekend. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. Why, oh why, oh why have you posted photos of MF in bed? I don't care what the circumstances, this is unacceptable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss Mfree! I heart Mfree!

    ReplyDelete