I can only apologize for allowing the blog to fall into ruin and decay! My job is leaving me with precious little in the way of interesting things to say beyond topics such as:
1) kids these days!
2) who thought University Decision X was a good idea?
3) can you believe the make-work shenanigan Colleague R through Z got me into?
4) omgIhavesomuchworktodoomgIshouldbedoingitomg
It is our Thanksgiving Break here in the 'Twa (all 2 days of it) and, holy crap!, I need it.
Update:
1) E is in Russia to do research on The Things She Works On. All is well - she has an apartment, a cleaning lady who keeps unplugging her refrigerator, and a registered visa. There are 80% less street food options in Moscow than when she was there last and that is a real pisser. Montoya and I are literally counting the days until her return (22!) and it feels like all the sunshine has gone out of Ottawa.
2) All the sunshine has gone out of Ottawa! As I type this, it's pouring down rain and there are 4 roofing guys on my neighbour's roof yelling all kinds of important-sounding information at one another in French. One of the Francos seems particularly angry/outraged at the situation. Another seems perfectly content. The one Anglo is roaming around yelling, "WHAT THE FUCK!" every few minutes and the fourth guy is whistling loudly. If my brain had any juice left in it I might be able to come up with a clever commentary on how this is Canada (dis)functioning in microcosm but because this scenario happens every goddamned day from 7:30 am onwards it might just be another day in the 'Twa.
3) Lovely Jess asked me to circulate recipes I've discovered while on the WeightWatchers. I'm happy to oblige.
Exhibit A
Weight Watchers Cheesecake
Ingredients:
2 rice cakes (extra dry)
1 tbsp of light cream cheese
1 tsp honey
WW points: 3
Prep time: 47 sec
Eat time: 33 seconds
Satisfying for: 18 minutes
Exhibit B:
Weight Watchers Pizza
Ingredients:
2 rice cakes (extra dry)
2 squirts of light caesar salad dressing
2 slices of deli meat
2 slices of tomato
10 crumbled bits of light feta cheese
WW points: 9
Prep time: 7 minutes
Eat time: 3 minutes
Satisfying for: 48 minutes
I invented the first one; E, the second. It's amazing how delicious these are after you've been on WW for months and months.
4) My adherence to the WW plan has been very, very loose since E has gone to Russia.
5) I dislike Michael Kors of fashion world fame and Project Runway celebrity for two reasons. I feel like voicing them now:
First, the zingers he comes up with on Project Runway are deliberately mean and he only says them to get airtime on the show. They are rarely constructive or witty. When he delivers them he gets this look on his face like he's winning at Salon and it's 1788. This makes me think he is an asshole.
Second, and a much more egregious offence in my opinion, is the fact that he wears the same fucking thing every episode. WHAT A COMPLETE ASSHOLE! If you're in the fashion business, fucking wear it. This is why I love Heidi and Tim Gunn: they are walking the walk. Nina Garcia is perhaps trying to pull off the Michael Kors m.o. by not making terribly noticeable fashion decisions week to week but at least I know she's wearing different outfits. How that dick expects anyone to pay for anything he's designed when he clearly doesn't respect the business enough to engage in it himself is beyond me. Asshole!
I apologize for coming late to PR commentary but my fury at the Michael Kors cannot be contained any longer. He's not even aware enough to be a hipster douchebag and his skin tone is the same as Schwarzenegger's. Dislike. Why is he relevant???
6) Am going to take Montoya for a long walk and use today to relax! Step 1: 2 orders of WW cheesecake. And maybe a side of bacon. Step 2: ???


Someone, on one of those season wrap up shows, ask Kors why he wears the same clothes everyday. He gave some bs answer like 'I'm the Einstein of modern American fashion'. So, you're right, he's a nob.
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't until I read this that I realized he wears the same thing everyday. I'm usually pre-occupied with trying to find evidence that he is sporting a natural skin tone. His snark is facile and rarely hits the mark as often as he gets credit for it.
ReplyDeleteBut give me Michael Kors any day over lame-ass Hilary Duff. Why again was she on this past week?
And someone please tell Heidi that we KNOW she has a fabulous model's body, even after birthing 4 pups; she is allowed to wear something other than a sheath.
I'm glad that others see the Michael Kors fraud! I want to find that wrap-up clip... All the actor celebrity judges are either lame-ass, hard-ass (whoa! Zoe Saldana!), or bewildered. My favorite part about Heidi is how she has the same catty confidence whether she's wearing something that's gawdawful and uncomfortably tight or stunning and appropriate.
ReplyDelete