Interested? BRIAR HILL | |
| Address: 1320 21A STREET NW, Calgary | |
| Bedrooms: 3 Bathrooms: 2 Square Footage: 1065 | Stories: 1 Building Type: BUNGALOW |
Located in the Heart of Briar Hill surrounded by multi million dollar homes is this original family bungalow. Located on a very prime development 50 X 120 lot, beautiful mature trees, steps to the Elementary school, Parks, Shopping, LRT and downtown. Buy now and start planning your Inner City Dream Home. DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS ONE. BEST LOT IN THE AREA!!!!

Even though it's been 10 years (almost to the day) that my grandmother died and left this house behind, I totally burst into tears when this notice appeared in my inbox yesterday. She loved that house, she lived in it for over 40 years, she worked incredibly hard to keep it up, it just seems like a part of her. After she died, I took whatever money I had plus the inheritance and went along with my father into buying the house. From his point of view it was basically a tax scheme - by having the house in my name, he avoided some capital gains taxes or whatthefuckever. He lives to game the system. For me, it was a good investment and a great way to move out of my parents house but most of all it was just a way to hang onto my grandmother who I think about all the time and miss so, so much.
I only lived in the house for a few years before I left for grad school and that's when my sister magically needed a place to stay and moved in. She is now off to BC to take up her new life as an independent oyster farmer on a remote location in the Vancouver Gulf Islands. Yes, after mooching my house for 8 years, she is now going to mooch an oyster farm, you read that correctly. She lives in an alternate universe with different parameters for what is probable and possible. I can see her universe but, lacking a Subtle Knife, I cannot access it.
This is all really emotional and I wish my parents weren't pushing to sell RIGHT THIS FUCKING SECOND and would wait at least until I'm done writing but also, perhaps a Ponzi scheme or two has compelled them to free up some cash. Though the house is in my name, I am really just a minority shareholder, as my father explained it, and no, I'm not ever going back to Calgary. Never, not ever. And spring-summer is the time to sell. So, they're right, do it now, and it has been ten years.
The realtor is a guy I went to elementary with who still can barely read and write (I feel like he failed Grades 5 and 9 but I could be wrong, I know it was 2, possibly 3, grades somewhere along the line) but he is a *charmer* and my parents love Joel and are certain he will deliver a miracle. My last memory of him is in junior high and, really, who comes off well in jr high memories? So I'm sure he will do an excellent job.
Alls those years of fretting over how my sister was destroying the house were needless because whoever buys it is going to bulldoze it and put up a bigger one, that's just how it goes in that neighborhood. It's just sad. I hope they pay through the nose for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment