Monday, June 7, 2010

estrogencircus

Naming highlights from the list of wireless networks operating in my apartment building include babynowah, CSI, estrogencircus, leechkiller, and pissyshitty. Because -- remarkably -- estrogencircus is not our network, I guess my question is: who should one try to befriend, estrogencircus or pissyshitty? I have a guess as to who e.c might be (they have a tiny Chihuahua named Boba Fett = best dog name ever) but as Montoya seems to think that Boba is his primary nemesis in an ocean of enemies, I don't think it will work out.

Pissyshitty reminds me of that time I was in quantitative analytical chemistry (?) and we had to write our initials on our respective beakers so as not to get them confused and someone wrote FUCK YOU on all his equipment and no one ever touched it. I think he ended up in med school.

E and I made our picks for the World Cup this morning, taking two teams in each group amidst an elaborate system of deciding who got to pick first. In the end, I came out with:
Group A: South Africa, Uruguay
Group B: Greece, Nigeria
Group C: England, Algeria
Group D: Ghana, Australia
Group E: Denmark, Japan
Group F: Italy, New Zealand
Group G: Portugal, Brazil
Group H: Honduras, Chile

Yes, that's correct, E is cheering for North Korea. AND South Korea.

6 comments:

  1. Why would you cheer for anyone BUT N.K.?!?!?! It writes itself! What will the N.K.-ans be most surprised to see in the outside world? A television camera? Cleats? Democratic Germans?

    Also, I do believe I was obliged to pick last in that round. :( BUT, GO BRAZIL.

    ef

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my airport gets confused, it sometimes asks if I'd like to join the network "Saggy-Ball-Sack". Consider this: The average age of my neighbors is 77 years old. And the house that sometimes keeps young people as guests is owned by an AME preacher and her husband. Whose network is this?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - someone has a cheeky, computer-savvy grandchild, I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So will the World Cup negatively affect your ability to get your diss completed? Just wonderin'. Go NK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it will positively affect my diss completion strategy. Maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with that strategy! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete