Wednesday, September 16, 2009

vandalism update

Sigh. Looks like there won't be a public shaming.

Dear Students:

Last week I wrote to you expressing concern about a window that had been shattered in the Athenaeum and needed to be replaced at considerable expense. I asked for your help in figuring out what had happened, how, and when.

I am pleased to be able to report back to you now that the window damage appears to have been accidental, and not the result of an act of vandalism. Our investigation was helped by, among other things, the fact that someone sent our Public Safety office a message with pertinent information through theSilent Witness program.

Thanks are due to you for the concern you expressed at the time, and for the respectful manner in which our community has been treating the Athenaeum. I know that we still have a few kinks to work out in the building, but I hope you agree with me that it is a wonderful new resource for the campus. I do appreciate the enthusiastic participation of so many people in last weeks events to celebrate its opening and the launch of the colleges 125th anniversary.

Best,

President

2 comments: