Saturday, January 26, 2013

Today = awesome

Reasons why today is awesome.

1.  ALEVE
Friends, this is a miracle drug.  If you put your back out by doing nothing more than putting on pants on a random Thursday(Jan 24, 2013) this drug will be there for you.  And every 12 hours thereafter.

Note to self: You seriously need to start doing some fucking yoga or something, you're too young for this shit.  I hear it's called "core strength."






2.  Lieutenant Nun: Memoir of a Basque Transvestite in the New World by Catalina de Erauso.  On the advice of n8, I assigned this book to my Euro women's class and so am spending the weekend turning the pages so can make like I know stuff about it by Wednesday.  It's super fun and the fact that de Erauso is a dead ringer for a certain former boss of mine at a certain Press makes it into pure awesomeness.  I totally believe in reincarnation now.












3. Apple waffles! I know I've posted a link to this recipe before but, seriously, you should try it.  Feeling adventurous, I also put in a bunch of cilantro with the apple for one batch this morning.  Looked gorgeous, tasted okay! (E says thumbs down to the cilantro waffle).






Hmmm.  I don't know why today is awesome, exactly, but it is!!! Things are looking up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment