Our second to last night in Balto, E and I went to an Orioles game with librarian friend and her new beau. Even though it was cheap student tickets night, the crowds was pretty thin - the sucktasticality of the O's is the most remarkable thing about them this season (as well as previous ones). E was a trooper.
Nevertheless, it was a beautiful night and I consumed 1 O's helmet of choc/vanilla twist softserve (thanks Melissa!), 1 superdog (aptly named), and 2 freshly squeezed lemonades (unbelievably delicious).
We also learned of the perils of library work while watching yet another O's loss:
Sunday morning we began the drive to Ottawa and Montoya assumed the road trip position. He'd made certain that his dog toys were packed.
Crossed the border fairly easily (despite obsessing over how it would all go down for weeks in advance). If anyone was worried about whether or not they would let little dog into the country, put your mind at ease because they didn't even look at his paperwork (of which I had an entire file of his trips-to-the-vet history). I had to discover and list the serial number of a $300 E-machine desktop I imported, but no one gave a dry fart about the dog (who barked insistently when we drove up to the kiosk, so if he was smuggled in, it was the worst smuggle-job of all time).
First thing we did after crossing into Canadia? Headed for the Chalet Suisse and ordered a quarter chicken dinner and poutine (only thing more Canadian would have been to get a side of maple syrup). Warning: your cholesterol levels might explode just by looking at this pic:
And off to Ottawa. The 16th floor of an allegedly pet-friendly Ottawa hotel has been our home base while we wait for the day when I can move into my new place: which is today!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment